What Are Carpenter Bees?
Carpenter bees are large, black bees capable of drilling holes into wood. Due to their size and color, most homeowners will confuse carpenter bees with bumblebees but carpenter bees are not as fuzzy in appearance. Also, carpenter bees have shiny and hairless abdomens versus the hairy abdomen of bumblebees with black and yellow-colored stripes.
Unlike other types of bees (the honey bee or the bumblebee, for instance), the carpenter bee is a solitary creature. It prefers to be left alone and does not coexist along with other carpenter bees to make a large colony.
These bees get their name due to their tendency to build a nest within wooden structures and surfaces. Female carpenter bees tend to drill holes into wood to create tunnels where they lay their eggs. These holes can be used by other insects to build their nests. Naturally, if they drill holes inside your home, then other insects can use them to gain access to your house and create havoc.
Why Do I Need to Remove Carpenter Bees from My Home?
If you spot carpenter bees in the vicinity of your home, it is imperative that you try and get rid of these pests as early as possible. Carpenter bees can do a great deal of structural and cosmetic damage to your home. Repairing the damage caused by carpenter bees is also incredibly expensive. These bees are particularly harmful to the wooden elements in your home. The damage can get worse if the same pieces of wood become susceptible to repeated infestation. Wooden surfaces that have been targeted by these pests can eventually rot and decay.
Carpenter bees usually target unpainted wooden surfaces. They prefer wooden surfaces made of:
Common nesting sites for these bees include:
- Fascia boards
- Outdoor furniture
- Wooden decks and shake roofs
How Can I Get Rid of Carpenter Bees in My Home?
Carpenter bees can cause structural damage to your home that is very expensive to repair. A1 Bee Specialists perform a detailed inspection of your home and devise a safe, affordable and guaranteed plan to remove carpenter bees from your property. if you suspect carpenter bees or any other stinging insect schedule your free Home Estimate Now have noticed an infestation of carpenter bees around your home, here’s a quick guide on what you can do next:
Step 1: Identify the pest to make sure that you are dealing with a carpenter bee. If you are uncertain, you can always email a picture to email@example.com.
Step 2: Carry out a detailed inspection of your property for areas where you suspect carpenter bee activity. In most cases, these bees will create nests within rafters, wood siding, wooden shake roofs, railings, and other wood-based structures. You can also check for yellow fecal stains on wood and sawdust (frass). These indicate carpenter bee activity.
Step 3: Use residual insecticide dust to cover openings and galleries with carpenter bee activity.
Step 4: Once you have treated the site of infestation, use wood putty to close up the tunnels. This will prevent a second infestation.
Caution: If you are trying to get rid of carpenter bees, make sure you take all the necessary precautions to ensure your safety. Make sure you wear long-sleeved clothing, gloves, and goggles to protect yourself from stings and fumes. You can also wear a bee suit for maximum protection.
Contact A1 Bee Specialists for Carpenter Bee Removal
Getting rid of carpenter bees can be complicated. Instead of taking on any unnecessary risks, it is best to get in touch with the experts at A1 Bee Specialists. Our licensed and skilled technicians can solve your carpenter bee problem at a price that suits you. We offer free quotes and a service warranty to ensure you won’t have to deal with a carpenter bee infestation again.
We offerCarpenter-bee prevention and removal services in the following Michigan counties:
- Oakland County, MI
- Wayne County, MI
- Macomb County MI
- Washtenaw County Mi
We protect your home from structural damage caused by Carpenter-bees. with a free Home Inspection. As proud members of the National Pest Management Association and Michigan Pest Management Association, we guarantee our work and educate our customers on the prevention and removal of stinging insects.
Bee Wasp Hornet Removal Service Details
- We will accommodate your request for same-day service when it’s available.
- Our goal is to remove the bee wasp or hornet nest the same day that service is rendered. However, some nests may require a follow-up visit After we treat the nest. Your warranty begins after the third day of service. Your warranty is good until December 31, of the year your service is provided. Our service includes a base charge with a small incremental charge for additional ladder work.
- If you have previously self-treated for bees wasp or hornets this may cause a reschedule of your appointment and an additional service charge.
- Price Estimate: All Bee Wasp and Hornet service have a base price of $150 The recurring and prevention services have an additional charge that will be determined after the home inspection.
- All of our services are 100% guaranteed. Schedule now
Why Choose A1 Bee Specialists?
- Since 1995, thousands of homeowners within Michigan, Oakland County, Wayne County, Macomb County, and Washtenaw County have depended on us to solve their Bee Wasp Hornet problems. Our knowledge, training, and reputation are second to none.
- Avoid the hazards of doing it yourself, we will safely remove the bees wasp or hornets from your property and provide you with no charge follow-up services if they are needed.
- Fast service! We service the next day when it’s available. If service is not available the same day we will schedule you as soon as possible
- Online scheduling is easy and convenient. You will be notified by a technician by text, email or phone prior to your service. We answer your call 24/7 with a LivePerson and most messages are returned within 15 minutes by an experienced Bee Specialists
- Our Eco-friendly (IPM) Integrated Pest Management effective treatment is environmental, children and pest safe as we only apply safe chemicals and use it strictly according to the label.
A1 Bee Specialists offers a service that not only removes bee wasp hornet infestations, but we also offer a service that actually prevents them from returning and building new nests. A1 Bee Specialists breaks the bee wasp hornet cycle with our Wasp Prevention Service! Schedule Now
H2: Got a Bee, Wasp or Hornet Nest? Schedule service online now.
If you currently have Carpenter Bees, Wasps or Hornets on your property You can now conveniently purchase and schedule service online by clicking the Schedule Now button Schedule Now