1. I have a nest on the inside of my house. Can't I just plug up the entrance hole?ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Never spray into or plug an entrance hole of bees or wasp this will only trap many of them inside. If their entrance is plugged or sprayed, the bees or wasps will look for an alternative exit which often results in them entering your home in large numbers through vents, light fixtures, etc. It should also be noted that yellow jackets can and will chew through dry wall (even plaster) from the site of their nest located in the ceiling or wall cavities. It is essential to avoid plugging or spraying into the entrance holes of bees or wasps. If bees or wasp enter your home don't hesitate to call A1 Bee Specialists ASAP.
2. How effective is the wasp prevention program ?A1 Bee Specialists specialize in inspecting, removing and preventing Bees, Wasps and Hornets from nesting in, around and on your home with a long lasting micro encapsulated chemical that’s applied with a SPECIALIZED BEE Truck and EQUIPMENT (see pictures on home page) The Specialized Bee Truck and Equipment allow for service above your gutters, along the roofline of your home, high peak areas, overhangs, shutters and the cracks and crevices that stinging insects may use to enter your home. A1 Bee Specialists offer customer satisfaction with no charge for maintenance follow up service if needed. Schedule your GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE Wasp Prevention Service today.
3. Why do I see wasps (and occasionally yellow jackets) indoors in the spring and fall?Due to the climate in South Eastern Michigan, colonies of yellow jackets, hornets, and bumble bees die in the fall - but before they do, their focus is on the production of new queens, which in many instances can be considerable in number. The queens seek out hibernation sites, and our properties offer them very attractive conditions to over winter. In the spring when you see them inside your home this reflects the queens emerging from hibernation normally from the attic areas of your home. To combat this problem, homeowners can schedule a Gold, Silver or Bronze wasp prevention service to minimize stinging insects from gaining access into your home.
4. In an emergency , how quickly can a bee specialist be at my home or business?As quickly as you need us to be there. Generally speaking, an emergency demands immediate response! We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call A1 Bee Specialists today at (800) 656-0222 or (248) 467-4849
5. If I'm considering the wasp prevention program, how soon can you do the estimate and service work?The estimate and service work is conducted on the same day and usually conducted within 24 to 72 hours of your initial call to A1 Bee Specialists.
6. How safe are the application methods and materials?It is absolutely essential that any product used by A1 Bee Specialists is applied strictly as labeled to ensure the safety of humans, pets and animals.
7. How safe is it for you and your staff when dealing with yellow jackets, hornets, wasps, and bees?As safe as humanly possible, we wear protective clothing hat, veil, gloves, boots and eye wear however Despite all the precautions, particularly aggressive yellow jackets, hornets and wasps (even bees if riled up!) can still find a weak spot and sting us on occasion!!
8. If there is a nest left over from last year. What should I do? Will they come back?When wasp, yellow jacket, and hornet colonies die in the fall, the nest left behind is not reused the following year. (Other scavenging insects such as beetles can inhabit the abandoned nests so it is a good idea to have the abandoned nests removed if they have been constructed inside the property.) However, if this location has proven attractive for nest building during one spring/summer, it is very possibly going to prove attractive to new queens seeking nesting sites during subsequent years. Also note that honey bee colonies can continue to thrive from year to year in the same nest (hive). On occasion, bumble bees can become active in the same area as previously experienced.
9. No matter if it's a bee, yellow jacket, wasp or hornet, why are people generally so scared?This may be a reflection of a nasty experience from earlier in life, usually a sting or stings. Fear of an allergic reaction to venom also worries many people. Additionally, many instances of fear originate as a child due to witnessing adverse reactions from adults to stinging insects.
10. Are all properties vulnerable to infestation by yellow jackets, bees and wasps? Or--- is it just me?It's not you! If a queen finds a suitable location, construction and /or colonization will occur.
11. Is there anything I can do to help reduce the possibility of infestation?Inspect your property carefully and seal/repair cracks, deteriorated caulking, holes, broken vents and screening (to attics) etc. It is not necessary to tear out flowers!
12. Why do I get stung every year when cutting the grass and weed-whacking?Accidents of this kind are almost always attributable to colonies of yellow jackets nesting underground!! Occasionally, bumble bees may be the culprits. The best way to reduce this type of attack is to REGULARLY check ALL areas of your yard for visible insect ‘traffic’ which is repeatedly visiting the same spot(s), particularly noticeable from July to October. You will see the insects entering and exiting a hole in the ground. DO NOT block it! Always remember that yellow jackets in particular will respond very quickly to vibration, movement, shadow and artificial light. Oh, and they do NOT sleep at night!! To avoid what can become serious attacks it is best to resist all do-it-yourself temptations! ESPECIALLY NO GASOLINE, ETC!!!!
It's Safer by far to call A1 Bee Specialists (800) 656-0222 or (248) 467-4849
WHY CALL A1 BEE SPECIALISTS TO PREVENT BEES, WASPS AND HORNETS FROM NESTING IN, AROUND AND ON YOUR HOME ?A1 Bee Specialists specialize in inspecting, removing and preventing Bees, Wasps and Hornets from nesting in, around and on your home with a long lasting micro encapsulated chemical that’s applied with a SPECIALIZED BEE Truck and EQUIPMENT (see pictures below) The Specialized Bee Truck and Equipment allow for service above your gutters, along the roofline of your home, high peak areas, overhangs, shutters and the cracks and crevices that stinging insects may use to enter your home. If these areas of your home are not serviced with the proper chemical and equipment you may encounter Bees, Wasps or Hornets in your attic, over wintering and nesting in, around and on your home in the spring and summer. This continuing cycle of nesting can possibly cause stinging insects to enter you home and risk unprovoked stings to You, Friends, family or Pets, and cause expensive repair damage to the wall and or ceiling of your home.
Enjoy your outdoors and protect your family from stinging insects! CALL US TODAY! (800) 656-0222 or (248) 467-4849